>

Monday, September 22, 2014

choose joy {free printable}

For years now, Matt and I have been listening to the Bobby Bones Show on the radio.  We absolutely love the show, and they have created something so real, and truly special.  In the last few years, one of the show's co-hosts, Amy, announced that her mom, Judy, was battling cancer. Despite her illness, Judy has chosen to find joy in all situations.  Relying on her faith in God, even when she's feeling down and miserable, she chooses to look for and share that joy with others.
Judy and her daughters
source
After sharing this, the show started their #pimpinjoy campaign, encouraging people to choose joy and perform random acts of kindness for others.  The impact was huge, and inspiring.  People were doing everything from shoveling snow from their neighbor's walk, to buying a whole set of tires for a stranger; a single mom in need.  You can read more about all of it on the Pimpin Joy website.

I too was  inspired by Judy and her incredible outlook, and have tried to apply this to our daily lives, no matter what is happening.  I had this little picture frame sitting on our mantel for months with no picture in it, just waiting for the perfect fit.  It finally dawned on me to make a printable with this message.
It's nothing over the top, but just simple and a great reminder in our lives.  And, now I'm sharing it with you!  Click the link below to download this printable; I have it available in 4x4, 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10!  You can simply save the file and print it out on a 8.5" x 11" piece of paper (I recommend cardstock).  Just print and trim down with scissors to fit your frame.
I hope you enjoy it in your home as much as I do in ours!!

This printable is free for personal use, but must not be sold.  The foliage graphic used in this print was created by We Lived Happily ever After; you can find the link to this and other fabulous graphics like it, here.  The chalkboard background is from How to Nest for Less.

9 comments:

  1. I love this! I am a huge believer in choosing to find the good even in hard situations! Thanks for this! Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous post and I love that printable too. Thanks for sharing it! I wish I'd seen it when I did a post all about Joy a couple of weeks ago! http://www.natashainoz.com/2014/08/a-joyful-tuesday-tune-and-words-of.html

    My weekly Linky Party is on right now so please feel free to join in and say g'day!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the printable! I might put that on a box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your graphic I cant wait to print it out and use it!!! I am hosting my first ever Tuesday Link Up Party. I hope you can come over and link up with me!! I love meeting new ladies and getting to see all the amazing content everyone has to offer! http://liverandomlysimple.com/totally-terrific-tuesday-linkup-party-1/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and beautiful. Thanks for sharing! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erin, I too made a conscience decision one day to Choose Joy. It was a life changing event and God blessed it. Thanks for reminding me of that, I'm glad I stopped by this morning.
    Have a great day!
    Elaine @ heartrocksinmypocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this, how creative! Stopping by from totally terrific Tuesday!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from LiveRandomlySimple Totally Terrific Tuesday Link Up Party! Thanks for linking up last week! Party is NOW live, hope you can make it back and link up some more awesome content!!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10