>

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

kitchen reveal

The day has come.  We finally finished all of the last touches in this room, and it is done!!!! I can't tell you how good it feels to have finished this project.  Going way back to last January when we stained the cabinets, it's been about 18 months in the making.

Let's go back to how the kitchen looked for the first year we lived here: 
 In January 2013, we gel stained the cabinets and added open shelving...
 In December 2013/January 2014, we updated to laminate flooring...
 In February 2014, we had solid surface countertops installed, and we installed the backsplash...
We also purchased Frigidaire Gallery Smudgeless Stainless appliances and finished this room off just last week.  Drum Roll, please....
Let's check out the before and after again...
I am seriously stunned at the transformation in this space, and I love my kitchen.  Ready for a million more photos?
The barstools are from Ikea.
We finished off the island with some gel stained, wide plank beadboard and quarter round.  I love the bit of detail this adds.
We added this simple wood valance to the window to tie in the wood feel of the barstools. 
The open shelving is still as functional as ever, and makes unloading the dishwasher a dream.
Here's a look at the other side of the kitchen, outside the office.
And the view to this room is awesome from the dining room.
This kitchen was a labor of love, but it all came together just the way we wanted.

From our checklist at the beginning of the year, we can check-off all the items in this room now:

  • Finish New Floors (Completed in January! Read here and here)
  • Update baseboards/add quarter round (Completed in January. See above links)
  • Beef Up Island (We didn't beef this up as much as planned, but went more simplistic.)
  • Remove fluorescent light and add pendants (The fluorescent light is gone, but we decided we didn't need pendants, and didn't want anything obstructing the view of the kitchen, anyway)
  • Find/Make a Shade for the window (Completed!)
  • Take down vertical blinds on glass sliding door, and replace with curtains (Completed)
  • Update Counters/Sink/Faucet (Completed in February here)
  • Add Beadboard backsplash (We decided against beadboard, and added a stone backsplash here)
  • Find new barstools that look better in the space (Completed!)


15 comments:

  1. Looks AMAZING! Inspirational. Now if I could just get my husband interested....

    http://www.laurelloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks amazing! Great job! I would love to have such a beautiful kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous transformation! The wood valance was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is beautiful! What color did you pain the walls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The color is Glidden Manuscript.

      Delete
  5. Love it!!! congratulations, I just bought a kitchen for a house we are building I'm so exited!!! Thanks for the inspiration I invite you to visit my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen is beautiful! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin ~ BRAVO! Your kitchen transformation is fantastic! I'm almost done with our kitchen remodel and it's such a good feeling to be almost finished. I'm stopping by from the Newbie party to say hello.
    Michele @ Our Rosey Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin - the transformation is amazing! I love how you shared the updates from the same vantage point in your photos! It really helped to see the changes step by step and the final result - just gorgeous! I'll be sharing this tomorrow at my Newbie party! Thanks for linking up such great projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doreen! I really appreciate the feature and can't wait to see it! I'll be linking up again tomorrow!

      Delete
  9. Your kitchen is stunning! It was fun to see the transformation - especially as the "pin-ups" on your refrigerator changed! Yes, I look at all the details, even that! :) Job well done. What time is dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The transformation is amazing! I really like how it did not all happen at once because that is how my kitchen is... Looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! It takes time, right? I certainly did not have the budget or time to get it all done at once!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10