>

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

small changes, big impact

Happy Wednesday!  I am guest posting over at Glitter, Glue and Paint again today, sharing the kitchen updates.  Go check it out, and say hello to Denyse!  

I also wanted to share with you some small-ish changes in the house that have actually made a huge difference to us. 

1.) Bedroom Throw Pillows
When we gave our bedroom a makeover last August, I couldn't find the right pillows for the bed, so the room sat like this for the longest time.
Then, one day I was dusting the guest room when I glanced over at the window seat, and it hit me!
Those pillows that have been sitting in this room for almost a year are perfect for our bedroom.  So I scooped them up and moved them on over.  It looks perfect now, and I love walking into the room with a completely made bed now.
 I bought these pillows from Ikea a few years ago for the living room of our apartment in Austin, and now they work perfectly in here.  I love "shopping" in my own house for decor!
 2.) Living Room Lamp
I guess I could have titled this post "things I stole from the guest room", because this lamp used to be in the guest room and then I moved it to the living room because we needed more light.  
I got this lamp at the Restore for $2 and didn't mind the orange color, but it just wasn't quite right for the space.  I picked up a can of Rustoleum Spray Paint in "Aubergine" from Home Depot.

A couple quick coats later, and we've got a neat new, purple lamp.  Much better.
I probably need a crisp, white shade, though..
3.) Bannister, Railing, and Step
Just like most of our house, these were all oak when we moved in.  I used gel stain, and followed the same steps to do this as I did on the bathroom vanity, the kitchen cabinets, and the open shelving in the kitchen.  Check out these before and afters:
So there you have it, three somewhat small changes in our house that have really changed how the spaces feel everyday!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice!! I love all you did and you are right, small changes do make a big impact!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ~ Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin! I love the pillows and the dark wood gives your home some warmth. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin! I love the pillows and the dark wood gives your home some warmth. Great job.

    glitterglueandpaint@gmail.com
    www.glitterglueandpaint.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin! I love the pillows and the dark wood gives your home some warmth. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10