>

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

our christmas celebration

Merry Christmas! I hope you had a wonderful celebration with family and loved ones yesterday! 

We started our celebration with Matt's parents (who are visiting from Texas) on Christmas Eve.  We went to the 4pm service at our church where Matthew played and sang in the worship band.  It was a great service, and he did an amazing job.  You better believe that man sings like an angel, and his Mom and I were both in tears.

Then, we came home and I forced everyone to take pictures.  Yes, I have become my mother...but it's so worth it to get these pictures!
We ate tacos, cocktail shrimp, baked goodies, and watched Charlie Brown and Muppet Christmas Carol.  At about 7pm, the snow started, and it was beautiful.  Just enough to make the perfect white Christmas.  We stayed home until about 10pm and then we made our way to the 11 o'clock candlelight service. When we got there, I snapped a few pictures with some of our beautiful friends.
 And of course, we had to get some couples shots as well...
On Christmas morning, we opened gifts, had breakfast, and basically lounged around for most of the day.
 Matthew has a very large stocking, so he puts it on every year when he gets all his goodies out. 
Oh, how I love him...
Just like Thanksgiving, Christmas gave me the opportunity for a cooking first...my first ham! Matt's mom helped me bit a zillion cloves into this beast, and we threw it into the oven for a few hours.  Super simple, and super delicious. I'm actually about to go eat some leftovers for lunch right now!
The Christmas table was very similar to the Thanksgiving table we had last month.
We even ate our yummy dinner in our PJs.
At about 6pm, Matt's Grandparents, uncle, and cousin arrived from Oklahoma, and we had another round of eating, and gifts, and celebration.  It was a great day, and we had a lot of fun!  We will be celebrating with my family on Sunday, so there's even more fun to come!

1 comment:

  1. I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a nice
    blog like this one nowadays.
    Here is my web page ; ugg ブーツ

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10