>

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

his faithfulness

Great is thy faithfulness! Great is thy faithfulness!

Morning by morning new mercies I see;
all I have needed thy hand hath provided;
great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!


I usually write about the projects I'm currently working on, and other goings on in our life, but today is a bit different.

Everyone always told us that being married is different than your relationship prior to marriage.  And now, I agree; but not in the ways they typically mean it.  Everyone has told us that it's hard to adjust to "what's next", "what do I do now", living together, getting used to each other's quirks, and that it makes the first years a bit of a challenge.

Matthew and I lived together before we were married, and although we saved a few very special things for our life as husband and wife, we had basically been married for years.  In our first few years of living together, our relationship was great. However, we did have arguments about each other's bad habits while we figured out how to live together.  We learned how to have an extended family that wasn't our own, but each other's, and we learned a lot along the way.  

Now that we're married, I don't feel different when it comes to those things, because of our unique situation.  We know how to budget our finances, how many kids we (think) we want, who will take the trash out, what the other person is like when they're sick, and all the ups and downs of living together.  

But, do you know what does feel different?  The way I look at Matthew has changed a lot.  Of course I always wanted to support him and love him before we were married, but now I have so much pride in who he is and I want to do everything in my power to encourage him in life and in our marriage.  I feel that it is my duty to do these things, and he does the same for me.  

More importantly than that, I feel like I understand God a little bit more everyday.  Everyone in the church always told us that we should glorify God through our marriage.  I always thought I knew what that meant, but I really had no clue until now.  Being married has not only brought me so much closer to Matthew, but I am so much closer to God.  I see his faithfulness so clearly when I look at my husband and all of the blessings in our life.  

What an amazing God we have that loves us, and gave us something as wonderful as marriage to glorify him. It is in him that everything and anything in my life, and our life is possible.  I feel so content, and I know that whatever God has in store for us, we will go through it together, and our lives, and our marriage will be that much better for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10