>

Saturday, May 26, 2012

from tablecloths to curtains

As you know, I have been working on my office makeover for a few months now.  The next thing on my checklist is to find curtains.


Office Checklist
  • Paint Walls
  • Paint Woodwork
  • Paint Accent Wall
  • Paint Hardware
  • Organize Files on Bookshelf
  • Add Curtains
  • Keep Cornice/Move Cornice?
  • Add Art/Accessories
  • Add something to front of desk

Now, I knew I wanted something with a nice, simple pattern and hopefully in a beautiful yellow to match some of the other accents in the room, like the sunny yellow lamp
I had been searching for a little while, and all the yellows were wrong, and all the patterns were wrong.  I was at Target the other day looking at some curtains that I'm planning to use for another project, and looked at the other end of the aisle and saw this beautiful tablecloth for $17 each.
My wheels starting turning, so I picked up a cheapo curtain rod and some curtain clips (I could have added some loops to the back of these, but I didn't feel like it!). 

If you remember, I had a cornice up in this room, and I took this down, and "touched up" my painting. :-)
Then, up went the curtains!
I absolutely love the way they look with the striped wall, and I plan to put the cornice somewhere else in the future.
Office Checklist
  • Paint Walls
  • Paint Woodwork
  • Paint Accent Wall
  • Paint Hardware
  • Organize Files on Bookshelf
  • Add Curtains
  • Keep Cornice/Move Cornice?
  • Add Art/Accessories
  • Add something to front of desk

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10