>

Monday, April 2, 2012

Wedding Organization: Thank You Box

With the wedding coming 2 months from tomorrow, the RSVPs and gifts have started coming in!  I had my bridal shower a few weeks ago, and so that was what inspired my post today.

My Maid of Honor brought this cute CD storage box over to my bridal shower for the guests to put cards in.  It was such a smart idea, and I'm getting use out of it now for the cards still!  This box contains everything you will need to make sure you keep on top of the thank you notes for the entire wedding process.

Here it is on one of the shelves on my office desk, next to my wedding binder (yikes, I can't wait to get rid of that thing!).


I'm not 100% sure where she got this box, but I'm fairly certain that I've seen them at Wal-Mart for around $10.  It opens up at the top, and comes with 3 dividers.


Here are how the sections are organized:

Section 1:  Thank you Notes, Envelopes, Stamps and Pens

Keep it all in one place! That way, sending out your thank you's will be a breeze and you won't be stressing about them later.

I just bought new Thank You cards, and I am loving them! You can find them at Target: 50 cards and envelopes for $10.94! Aren't they pretty?


Section 2: Gift Lists and Gift Receipts

Be sure to keep very good track of who gets you what at all of your events.  My MOH kept track of each guest and their corresponding gift on this notepad at my shower, and it conveniently fits in my box!  Be sure to check off each name once you've written and sent the note.


 Behind the notepad are any gift receipts.  I'm keeping all of my gift receipts just in case we have any problems with any of the gifts after the wedding.

Section 3: Cards

It may just be that I'm sentimental, but I love keeping cards, especially from special events like this.  Someone you love (and who loves you!) spent a good amount of time in the card aisle trying to find the perfect card for YOU (plus they probably spent $4-$10 on it!), so I love to keep them.  I plan to make a book of all the cards from our wedding, but for now they are all in one convenient place for the future.


So there it is! Easy, huh?  This box has helped me keep on track of sending our thank you's and I plan to use it after the wedding as well.  

3 comments:

  1. I kept a box like this when we got married and kept it in the coffee table drawer - I would write them as they came in and made it super easy to get them out in a timely manner. Just don't let them pile up and do them all at once!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank bunches for idea on using a container!!!! I am organizing and putting together a bridal shower. One of the things I was going to do was make her thank you cards...Lovin this idea of putting together a little thing where she can keep cards and all from the shower. Nice touch on adding stamps..didn't think of that!

    Jackie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, can you tell me where can i buy a box like this? Online if it is possible. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10